Authorities in Miami-Dade County, Florida provided an update Thursday afternoon on the ongoing search and rescue effort at a condo building in Surfside that partially collapsed overnight Thursday.
Miami-Dade County Mayor Daniella Levine Cava said that 102 people from the building have been accounted for while 99 others are unaccounted for.
Authorities say 37 people removed from the scene have been transported to hospital. They continue to assess the structure of the building every hour.
Earlier in the day, Surfside Mayor Charles Burkett said the building manager had told him the tower was quite full at the time of the collapse around 1:30 a.m.
For more info, please go to
Subscribe to Global News Channel HERE:
Like Global News on Facebook HERE:
Follow Global News on Twitter HERE:
Follow Global News on Instagram HERE:
#GlobalNews #Surfside #Florida #Miami #Miami-Dade