During a coronavirus briefing on Monday, Ontario Premier Doug Ford said his government’s fall COVID-19 plan to keep students, teachers and school staff safe with schools reopening has been working.
Earlier this fall, the government announced its $1.3 billion plan which included hiring over 600 nurses for schools, over 1,100 cleaners, and $234 million to hire more teachers and staff to maintain physical distancing at classes.
“My friends, the system has been working,” Ford said.
The provincial government has also delivered over 37 million pieces of PPE to schools as part of its plan.
Ontario reported 615 cases of the novel coronavirus on Monday, bringing the total number of cases in the province to 54,814.
There are at least 176 people hospitalized with the virus, which marks an increase of seven. There are 43 people in intensive care with 26 on a ventilator.
For more info, please go to
Subscribe to Global News Channel HERE:
Like Global News on Facebook HERE:
Follow Global News on Twitter HERE:
Follow Global News on Instagram HERE:
#Coronavirus #GlobalNews #COVID-19