There are lots of amazing outdoor swimming areas in the world. Some of them are safe and protected with lifeguards watching over you while you swim, bathe, dive off rocks, and play in the water. But some beaches are not just unsafe — they’re outright dangerous! Here are 8 places where you should never attempt a swim if you treasure your health and life.
Blue Holes 1:03
Colorful Pools 2:15
Laguna Caliente 4:18
Nyiragongo Crater’s Lava Lake 5:16
Pink Lake 6:19
New Smyrna Beach 8:12
Frying Pan Lake 9:22
Eagle’s Nest Sinkhole 10:22
– Most blue holes are open to the public. However, some of the biggest ones have acquired a really bad reputation among divers.
– It’s hard to believe that nature created something as colorful as the thermal pools located in Yellowstone National Park. They look like something from another world: bright, beautiful…and deadly.
– Laguna Caliente is located in Costa Rica and differs dramatically from its sibling, Botos Lake. These 2 bodies of water are crater lakes of the Poas Volcano.
– Mount Nyiragongo, which is situated in the Democratic Republic of the Congo, is an active volcano. Its last eruption took place in 2002. In its crater, there’s a lake. But it’s not your typical lake.
– Lake Hillier in Western Australia is indeed as pink as it looks. This is a shallow salt lake that’s beautifully edged with white salt formations and surrounded by eucalyptus forests.
– New Smyrna Beach has been called the “Shark Capital of the World” by the International Shark Attack File. In 2008, almost 40% of all shark attacks on the planet happened in this region.
– If you look at the photo of Frying Pan Lake in New Zealand, you might think that there’s fog hanging low over the water. Similar fog (or, more precisely, steam) forms over warm water on a cold morning.
– Eagle’s Nest Sinkhole is a body of water in Florida that looks like an ordinary pond. It’s only when you get into the water that it gets dangerous. Beneath the lake, there’s a huge system of underwater caves with rooms and passages that spread for miles.
Subscribe to Bright Side :
Our Social Media:
5-Minute Crafts Youtube:
For more videos and articles visit: